+ + +
+ + +
I used a polyester/cotton for the fabric. It has a good drape to it, and is a strong neutral red. If I don’t finish my planned dress for the holiday season, this will be a pretty good backup.
Construction-wise, I didn’t change anything from the first pattern. I didn’t add a belt for the waistline, and I didn’t add the pockets to the shirt. I also only put buttons on the top half, and attached an invisible zipper to the side seam. Compared to the first version, it’s impressive how authentic this dress looks with properly styled hair. The buttons could have been more evenly placed, but I can live with them as of now.
My original pattern review can be found here.