Emerson had a very fun, flirty, casual feel compared to the other shows I’ve seen. They had balloon arches over the doorways and confetti that got thrown on the stage at the end of the show. The clothes were also some of the most wearable that I’ve seen, and I see a lot of girls on my way to work (obviously not going to work like this, but out and about) dressed like this.
+ + +
(Btw, I’ve seen a lot of people sitting in the front row taking pictures with their iPads (not sitting in press section). What is up with that?)
My favorite piece is a black shiny fabric that had a solid white peter pan collar with a white belt. It was paired with knee-high fishnets and white wedge shoes.
- high low hems
- pattern mixing, polka-dots and stripes, in the same weight
- stripes mixed with texture, same color family
- florals and black leather, mixed
- peter pan collars mixed with modern fabrics
- fishnet knee highs mixed with wedge heels
- messy fancy braids pinned to the head